Friday, May 8, 2009

Time Has Wings

Oh...look...another couple of months between blog postings. There has just been no time to find to write anything here. The real job, the on-the-side writing job, trip down to San Francisco for my darling nephew's first birthday, the need to read...time consuming but a great time.

Perhaps the most exciting news is that I've got the okay from my supervisor to book my trip to Italy. I was a bit nervous about requesting because I needed to ask for an additional five or six days off without pay. I've used far too many vacation days this year...much different from the last two where I missed out on a lot of time off because there was no one to take over my job for me. But I'm deserving, I work hard and now it's time to play.

So now...my mama and I can really plan. First up is finding not only reasonably priced flights to Florence from Vancouver, but a flight that is as stress-free as possible. If it looks good cost-wise, the connecting flight is too soon to allow for anything but smooth flying with NOTHING hindering everything being on time.

If the connecting flight makes us feel okay time-wise...it's TOO much time that we're waiting. But at least the search is on...and we can book. And once I have those e-tickets in my little hand...it all becomes reality.

Planning is ecstasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment